The most important issue in the process of raising a dog is care for the puppy
One of my bad experiences my self , Once my dog delivered 10 puppies .. A very good number,
only one lived
that was the first time I had a delivery of puppies at my place
believe me it feels so bad to have 9 of 10 puppies dead
to provide that , I have some advices for you if you are expecting puppies arriving in the few coming days
- Try to take your dog to a Veterinary Hospital
- If you can't or it is too late , do not approach the dog and make her comfortable , specially the days after delivery (1 or 2 days)
-Try to keep newborns warm and clean
- Food : use dry food that is made for puppies
- Vaccination (Shots) :
- Lyme disease
* 6 to 7 weeks of age: Give first combination vaccine. (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Coronavirus)
9 weeks of age: Give second combination vaccine.
12 weeks of age: Give the third combination injection and possibly a LYME Vaccine inoculation. Generally a LYME vaccine is then repeated two weeks later, then once a year.
16 weeks of age: Give the last combination vaccine.
12 to 16 weeks of age: Rabies vaccine is given. (Local and State laws apply regarding Rabies vaccine since this can be a human disease, too. Your veterinarian will tell you the proper time intervals for booster vaccines for Rabies.)
Special considerations: Many veterinarians believe some breeds such as Rottweilers and Dobermans should have at least two Parvo vaccines with the last one being given at 20 weeks of age.
- Try to train them as soon as possible